Wednesday, June 9, 2010

How's Your GAME?


Again this week I am analyzing my game plan. Below are the questions and answers:


•What have you learned so far that you can apply in your instructional practice?
What goals are you still working toward?


After attending Promethean's Train the Trainer seminar last week, I have learned TONS of new ideas that I can incorporate into my flipcharts. The students will benefit from what I have learned because it will make their lessons more interactive. Also, I will be teaching other teachers what I have learned, so in turn, their students will benefit, too! I am still working toward the goal of creating workshops and inservice opportunities for teachers once we go back to school. Clarissa and I have been brainstorming how and when we want to provide these opportunities and what the focus of each should be.

•Based on the NETS-T, what new learning goals will you set for yourself?

I would like to set the following goal for myself according to the NETS-T standards:
customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using
digital tools and resources

While I feel like I already do a pretty good job of incorporating technology into my everyday classroom, I also know that I will be teaching inclusion next year, so I really need to focus on my students' learning styles and try to match digital tools and resources to them.


•If you are not ready to set new learning goals, how will you extend what you have learned so far?

I believe a new goal will keep me on task. However, I will be extending my Promethean knowledge quite a bit in the future.


•What learning approaches will you try next time to improve your learning?

In the future, I will try to keep an open mind about the learning opportunities presented to me in the future. I know that there are always professional development workshops for us at the beginning of the year, which I am not always excited about. I am going to try to maintain a positive attitude about those this year and learn what I can.

References:
ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) (2008). The ISTE National Educational Technology Standards (NETS-T) and Performance Indicators for Teachers. retrieved from http://www.iste.o-Trg/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/ForTeachers/2008Standards/NETS_T_Standards_Final.pdf

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Stephanie,
I think it's great that you are going to focus on customizing lessons to fit your students' needs. I have set this goal as well. Trust me, it is much needed in the inclusion classroom. Good luck!

Cortney said...

Stephanie,
I am impressed that you are willing to teach others in your building about the new technology you learned from the workshop. I am sure there are some teachers who would not want to share the information, or be to nervous in front of all their peers.
I read that you were not sure when you would present the information. I would think September or October would be good months, because the staff has had a month to teach routines and procedures. In addition, they might be looking for new and exciting ways to teach their content for the remainder of the school year.