Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The GAME is Over...




Well, I'm at the end of my course and as always, we are asked to reflect upon an aspect of what we have learned and done over the past eight weeks. Here are my thoughts:

•Reflect on the GAME plan you developed and followed throughout the course.
I actually enjoyed creating a GAME plan and following up with it to reach my goals. I think by using the NETS-T and NETS-S, teachers and students can set realistic goals to help themselves become more responsible digital citizens.

•Summarize any new learning that resulted from your following your GAME plan and explain what impact your new learning will have on your instructional practice.
The most exciting learning that resulted from my GAME plan was that I was able to attend Promethean's Train-the-Trainer course. This was an information filled week that will greatly impact my instructional practice as well as the instruction of other teachers at my school. I learned the ins and outs of the ActivInspire software and how to deliver that knowledge to my fellow teachers. I'm so excited to get back to school and share what I have learned. I'm also extremely excited to see how the students interaction and test scores will improve after having the Promethean boards for a whole year.


•Describe any immediate adjustments you will make to your instructional practice regarding technology integration in your content area(s) as a result of your learning from this course.
Obviously, my entire approach to instruction will change because of the Promethean board. I have always been a teacher who did the majority of her lessons by either showing concepts through technology or by hands-on activities - hardly ever using the dry erase board. Now, I will have ALL of these concepts merging into one place!

I'm also excited about using digital storytelling in the classroom. This is something that I have not used with my students in the past and I believe they will really enjoy working with this media.

Overall, I believe this course has been very beneficial and I will take new skills with me into the classroom and beyond!


References:
ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) (2008). The ISTE National Educational Technology Standards (NETS-T) and Performance Indicatiors for Teachers. retrieved from http://www.iste.o-Trg/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/ForTeachers/2008Standards/NETS_T_Standards_Final.pdf

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Stephanie,
I too am anxious to see how the students' test scores turn out after using the Promethean board for a whole year. Hopefully they will all greatly improve because our school could sure use it! I also enjoyed this course and found the week about digital storytelling very informative. I am excited to use digital storytelling in my room next year.