Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wanna Play a GAME?



This week, we were given four questions to make sure we are staying on top of our GAME plan. I will address the questions below.

•Are you finding the information and resources you need?
Yes, so far, so good! I was able to locate a citation generator and have even tried it out a couple of times! I wanted to make sure that if I was sharing it with my students (and others) that it was effective. I am also finding lots of helpful information about learning how to use the Promethean software, ActivInspire. There are a TON of videos in the ActivTips section of the Promethean Planet website, which are very helpful.

•Do you need to modify your action plan?
At this time, I do not feel that my action plan needs modification. However, after I attend the Train-the-Trainer series next week, I will need to reassess my plan to make sure I am staying on track.

•What have you learned so far?
Well, I did not know that citation generators existed, so that was a plus! I have also learned how to create containers, groups, and other neat tricks when making a flip chart.

•What new questions have arisen?
So far, I really haven't had any new questions. However, after next week's training, I'm sure I will have TONS of new questions! Hopefully, they will be answered as we go along during the workshops.

Resources:
Cennamo, K., Ross, J. & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology Integration for Meaningful Classroom Use: A Standards-Based Approach. (Laureate Education, Inc., Custom ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

2 comments:

Clarissa Miles, M.Ed. said...

Stephanie,
I am getting very excited as our training with Promethean draws closer. I am sure we will leave that training with a better understanding of how we are going to help our faculty become more proficient with the boards.

I am also looking forward to starting a technology club for our students next year. I didn't put that into my GAME plan but I knew it was something that you and I had discussed on several occasions. Maybe over the summer you and I can get together and start developing the GAME plan for that project :)

Stephanie said...

Clarissa,
Yes, I'm very excited about starting up the technology club, too! I really think our students will benefit from it!

I'm also getting excited about the Promethean training! Never thought I'd say that about losing a week about my summer vacation, but when it comes to something you really enjoy like we do, it's totally worth it!